I am extremely delighted to get the result for my quest while searching for a monitoring tool. Camel as a Integration framework, has lot of simplicity and features.
The major concern of any middleware architect is to have a good monitoring and administration tool around his product stack.
There are multiple options for this.. a) Writing a custom application to monitor your camel context b) Using a Business Activity Monitor to showcase your camel context activities c) Buy a costly rich monitoring tool and install it. While evaluating these cases I found this tool through the camel website itself, called ‘ HAWT ‘.
What HAWT can do ?
The great advantages of HAWT.
1) Built on HTML5: Intuitive, Simple & Swift
2) Apache Licensed: Permissive, Build any solution on top of it or reuse.
1) Download HAWT as a WAR file and just deploy in your application server.
2) Access it here: http://localhost:8080/hawtio/ ( You should rename the war to ‘ hawtio.war ‘ )
3) Build camel-example-cxf-tomcat from the camel examples directory and deploy it to your Application server.
4) Enjoying monitoring the application on HAWT
Some of the interesting snapshots from HAWT.
A simple article on HAWT dashboard from Claus Ibsen: http://www.davsclaus.com/2013/04/apache-camel-web-dashboard-with-hawtio.html